New guy on the list wth an M 37 question

From: TARogue (tom@tarogue.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 14:25:28 PST

Hi all. I've been sitting and reading sice I signed up just to get a
feel for the list, and now I'm ready to dive in with a question of my
own.

I have a 1951 M 37 all original (except I had the mechanical fule pump
replaced with an electric one.) I'm now in the process of doing a
tune-up on her. I ordered the Operators Manual and the Organizational
Manual (and the LO) but while waiting for them I already changed the
oil. My question is about the oil filter.

Can I just take the element out and clean it? What kind of solvent would
I need to use? How do I drain the oil filter? And what about the air
filter? Do i need to change the oil in there? (It still looks pretty
clean.)

Thanks!
  Tom

--
TARogue (Linux user number 234357)
 NOTE: ALL E-MAIL's PURSUANT TO THE USA/PATRIOT ACT ARE READ BY FEDERAL