Deuce Transfer Case Overdrive?

From: Mark Ehle (markehle@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 08:03:03 PST

Hello, all -

I know that many of you die-hard deuce fans get ticked off at people
re-running old threads, but I had an idea that I need to have shot down.

I hardly ever use low on my transfer case. I did play with the 5th gear low
to 4th gear high thing and it was cool, but cumbersome. I do spend time on
the highway with it and am tired of 55. I don't need super-low, and I don't
need 70+. All I want is 60-65.

I have never torn into an M35 transfer case, but I am wondering if it would
be physically possible to swap gears around so that instead of a 1:1 and 1:2
ratio, you could get 1:1 and 2:1 overdrive.

Stupid idea?

Later -

Mark Ehle
1970 AMG M35A2