Re:Re: [MV] Deuce Transfer Case Overdrive?

From: jalberhasky@juno.com
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 09:51:06 PST

The main reasons M-35's slow down on slight inclines is that: #1. At 55 mph the engine is way out of its peak torque band.(about 1800rpm on my truck) 2. They are very conservative on the fueling rate. This can be safely corrected to a certain degree by bumping up the fuel rate at the injection pump. Too much, without more turbo boost, and pistons start melting. One is still limited by RPM. 2800 Max. My experience with the LDT 465 says that if the gearing was there, they could do 65-70+ on level hiway with no problem.(with proper tires, fueling rate, turbo boost). My 2 cents worth. Flame on. Jeff