Re: [MV] light switches

From: R. A. Moir aka RAM (cyclopsram@starband.net)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 15:37:39 PST

What is more reliable than the original 50 year old one? Universality is
important...I was dismayed when the CUCV showed up with a different
system... Heck, even the M880 series used the tried and true good old
fashioned reliable 3 lever system....when the b o system was added.. New
ford cars with their fancy light switches have been subject to recalls and
fires for years with a modern switch... With the three lever system you
can feel the switch and know instantly what position and what lights are on
or activated without any dumb illumination of the switch....Oh well change
in inevitable, but not necessarily better...as I drive my V8 Rear wheel
drive sedan around all the little FWD POS here in the snow country up hill
down hill and around the corners. Oh yeah, I wave to all the yuppie SUV
folks off the road or upside down who try to go too fast and realize that
they don't stop or go around corners any better than a Neon or Corolla End
of old guy rant... Send the flames, I need em to melt the snow... Thanks,
RAM