[MV] Brake Speed Bleeders

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 08:10:20 PST

After reading about them here I finally picked up half a dozen Russell
Speed Bleeders and installed them. I've tried to reach them however their
web site and 800 number are down ( hopefully it's not bad news: I Like the
idea of easily bleeding your own brakes )

The devices state you should turn the valve 1/4 to 1/2 turn, attach a hose
and pump the brakes.. At least one of the valves I installed last night
starts to drip brake fluid very slowly when I slightly loosen the valve...1
drip every 3 seconds or so.

My concern is that this means air is getting back into that line through
the stopcock in the valve.
Could anybody tell me if this is normal for speed bleeders? Should I worry
about a pocket of air being formed as I finish bleeding the brakes at that
wheel cylinder?

Thanks for any tips.

        Paul
        MVPA# 24986