Re: [MV] Gonna have SOME BIG rebuilding/reparing after this....

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 21:01:53 PST

> I would think that with all the distances covered and all that fine sand,
>that there will be
>some SERIOUS rebuilding that our Iraqi equipment will need at the end of all
>this.....

Steve, Steve, Steve... don't you know what they did after the first Gulf
War? They "lost them" in the desert and drew down new ones when they got
home :-) At least I have heard that this was done by some units. In
fact, I recall a couple of folks on this list giving 1st hand accounts.

But yeah, you are right... 200 miles in that climate/terrain has got to
be HELL on even wheeled vehicles. I can only imagine what the tracked
stuff is like!

Steve