Re: [MV] State Guard/Defense Force Members?

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 00:13:10 PDT

It is noted that some states allow their State Guards to use 'large'
gummint-owned weapons.. Lucky dogs!!

I wish the Texas Guard would do so. Actually, I wish they would train
us with the M16. Strange.. TX is chock full of guns, yet the TXSG
scarcely uses them (we do conceal-carry when authorized but it's not
the same).

On the other hand I feel that some states' prohibition of the use of
POMVs is unnatural.

If one of our guys showed up to training with an APC, the brass would
be wetting their pants they'd be so happy. Last year they were real
excited about the M35 and jeep that showed up. Of note was part of an
order advising anyone with a POMV to register it at the office just
inside the gate. bring 'em on, boys!