Re: [MV] Duce popping out of 5th gear.

From: John Souza (John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 09:33:06 PDT

I sort of remember and old timer saying something about the
transmission popping out of gear under load verses coasting. One way
was syncros or gears and the other was poppet springs on the shift
rail???

I can't remember which and never had the chance to check it out. Does
anyone else remember the difference???

John Souza
MVPA #2697
Fresno, CA but Big Bear (RV#78) bound on Thursday :-)

>>> <rock1@mindspring.com> 4/8/03 8:35:46 AM >>>
While driving the M-35A2 Duce in traffic yesterday, it started doing
something that I've never seen before. It is popping out of fifth
gear. It
happens while running (slowing or coasting) at highway speed around
forty
to fifty, usually under no engine load coasting down hill or gradually
decellerating, but never while under power. It is very subtle,
sometimes
you don't even know it has popped out until you begin to accellerate
again
and the engine just revs.

Any ideas? I really don't need to be pulling a tranny right now!

Sgt. Rock's Motor Pool

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>