Hush-a-bomb

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@ruralnet.net.au)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 17:16:11 PDT

Everyone

I see that some clever person came up with the idea of using concrete
filled practice bombs to take out urban tanks in Iraq, without ruining
the neighbourhood.

It does make me wonder why the US decided to take along stocks of
practise weapons to a war theatre - got to be a contradiction in there
somewhere?

You do have to hand it to them, smart idea. (Pardon the pun.) Although
I would still expect the explosion from on board ammo and fuel would
be significant?

Has anyone ever seen just what the consequences of that sort of blunt
trauma are to an AFV? Is there any real difference to a sabot hit
and the following self-destruction?

Regards
Doug