Goat Maint.

From: Beth (bcarrell@neo.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 12:01:39 PDT

Yes, its me again with my tales of grease and dirt. Took advantage of 55
degrees and sunny to work on the goat. Broke out the motive products 2qt
pressure bleeder. I had already bought a quart of DOT 5 to top it off
($24.00) so I thought I would bleed the center axle system. As most of you
know the master cylinder is a 2 well system. The adapter that came with the
bleeder fit very well, however it is nec. to rotate it 180 degrees to do
each of the two circuits. Anyway, after about a 20 minute fight with the
access hole method I decided to pull the wheels and brake drums and make my
life easy. Did so and after about a 15 minute learning curve I got into the
bleeding process. Used about 12-15 lbs pressure, which is accomplished with
a hand pump which is part of the fluid container. Pushed out some air and a
lot of junk; finally saw purple. Did both sides in about an hour, which
included pulling the tires and brake drums. Beautiful day for a test drive
so I did just that. On returning I noticed all brakes were warm except the
center right. I decided I need to get back to the basics and will jack the
whole beast up and adjust the brakes as specified in the manual. This should
tell me the real story and I will go from there. The engine ran fine and
strong. Every time I work on the beast I get to know it and like it a little
bit better. Don't tell my wife, but I think there is someone else in my life
and she weighs 7300 Lbs. Kinda weird , huh ? Looking forward to some parades
and shows this summer. Alas, my time is up, kids are coming home from
school.
God, Corps and Country !!
God bless our troops and the USA.
Semper Fi !