Re: [MV] Deuce Brakes locked??

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 12:03:03 PDT

hmm. I DID put the lever up to lock them after the truck was delivered,
however am fortunate in that I was unable to get the engine running until a
few weeks ago. This is GOOD to know.

Thank you everyone for the feedback! It seems I need to ensure I have air
pressure then stomp on the brake with the MICO lever in the down position.

Is anyone aware of a way to over ride the Mico lock? For instance, if there
is no air pressure, or if it decides not to release pressure?

1 Hour Later: Just called Mico. There is a push rod and a Cam in the
lever lock which does the activating.. Apparently THIS model does not
require activating the brake pedal... just the lever itself. I'm told I
can slip a screw driver into the gap between the cam and the push rod (
which will be behind the dash ) and pop the lock loose if it has worn down
too much.
The interesting thing, which I will check tonight, is that Mico claims the
brake fluid MUST be run up to the dash where the Lever Lock is mounted...
the lock does not activate remotely... I had thought it so and that the
actual mechanism was connected to the air pack or in that vicinity. Good
thing to know when banging around under the dash <g>

Again, thank you everyone for the fast responses!

And see some of y'all tomorrow at Big Bear.

         Paul