Re: [MV] M35A2 primary fuel filter

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 17:29:34 PDT

Sarge,

Is the fuel filter you mention as "primary" the
chassis mounted filter on the passenger side? I ask
this because the two filters mounted on the engine are
labeled "primary and secondary". I have tried to
interchange all your filter numbers you mentioned with
no luck, any others I could try? Next step is to pull
it off, measure it, and match it up.

I also have a problem getting the oil filter canister
gaskets to seal. I would like to put a rubber gasket
in but haven't found one yet. All I've come up with
is a paper gasket. There isn't any nicks in the can
or mounting area, so maybe I don't tighten it enough.
Does anyone have a torque spec?

Once I find the proper numbers I plan on ordering a
case of each type from a local Fleetgard dealer who
will give me a break. The prices he's given me are
half the prices I've seen for surplus. Anybody have
any numbers to share?