Re: [MV] Request for M35 Information

From: R. A. Moir aka RAM (cyclopsram@starband.net)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 03:34:17 PDT

That truck started out as either a gas engined model and was upgraded to the
Turbo, hence the fender cut, or was a M35A1 with the 427 motor which had
rear low exhaust, or was a non turbo M35A2 with the small round hole in the
fender which had to be oval to fit the turbo stack. The best clue is the
hood, the brace had to be modified to fit the air cleaner for the M/F
engine. It was done in many ways, hammer, torch or channel locks... So that
hood is for a gas engined truck...modified... Look on you front frame
rail left side for the vin... if it starts with M12345 or similar it is a
Gas engined truck.. The M/F # will be 0525-10069 or similar... National
Guard and Reserve units had big repower programs during the 80's so it is
probably a product of that era Check to see if there is a hole above and
to the right of the accelerator pedal...it may have a patch pop rivited over
it... this is where the starter pedal came thru for the Reo motor... Some
repowered trucks got new cabs if the original ones were rusted... Is your
tranny primed or green? Primed are the replacement overdrive units, is your
steering box primed... replacement at time of engine change... Do you have a
M/F left fender? no ledge to mount heater and good access to injection
pump and filters? Lots of times the gas fender with lots of flat inside
the hood were left on during replacement to use the new fenders in the kits
for other trucks. Are there hole on the fire wall where the regulator for
the 25 amp system was? You should now h ave a 60 amp alternator with
internal regulation... And the list goes on..... Happy trucking RAM
(now only 21 months away from Social Security Checks) OH yeah, lastly..
Hood side panels for Deuce should all be same dimensions, but with various
cutouts for heater and air intakes etc.... R