M35 front axle

From: Robert.Wilson (specwar@piace.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 13:39:00 PDT

Anybody ever pulled the front axle and inner grease seal on an M35A2? I
know I have somewhat of an oil leak (not tremendous just enough to make the
grease behind the steering knuckle slightly thinner an stink to high
heaven) on the right front wheel. I have heard how to do a drive axle but
was wondering if there are any differences in the steering axle.
Also, has anyone pulled the motor on a deuce? I want to eventually put a
different motor in mine as I am tired of trying to figure out where the oil
is leaking from(none of the obvious places are the culprit(i.e. head, valve
cover, front seal, etc.) just know it is somewhere up front. Motor still
runs very strong, will still go down the road at 56+ even while towing a
M105A2. Any pointers on what to do and what not to do in this process?

Bob