Deuce Update

From: Gandjpappy@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 12:28:28 PDT

Many thanks to all that have responded to my questions but a very special thanks to Ram, David Doyle, George Kivette, and Tim Conover. I now have a much better understanding of what my truck is and what I need to get it running better. I still don't know for sure why the hood to side panel gap is so large but I am homing in on it.

I thought from the paperwork with the truck that it may have been a 1967 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 (from old tag) that had the hood, doors, and other parts put on it when the Van Body was added so that the camo could be maintained (the cab is OD). However, thanks to Ram, I believe that this is a gas truck that must have had a later model cab put on it when the Turbo was added. The VIN on the frame is M152xx which Ram tells me is for a gas truck and the hood modification is normal for a gas truck that has had a multi fuel installed.

The Engine has a TEAC Overhaul tag from 1989, the Transmission (which is painted green) has a TEAC tag from 1988, and the transfer case is primer with a manufacturing date of 8-88.

So the truck was probably a Reo Gas truck that was updated to multifuel in the early 90's. I assume that the Gas trucks could be ordered with Van Bodies and the age would account for the condition of this one. There is a fair amount of rust in the back corners and the floor is pretty warped.

Oh well, it runs fine and drives well. I am going to get better tires for it next weekend and a complete set of filters will be here soon I hope.

Many thanks again for your support.

Regards
Greg