Re: [MV] M1008 in Maine

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 00:43:41 PDT

The radio is crystal controlled, so it can't be pogrommed, must be
re-crystalled. Could be VHF or UHF, is repeaterable, but DPL and PL
are OPTIONS. Remember, xtals are $20-30 each, so it may not be very
practical!

This page has alot of info to help you determine the frequency range.
You will need the exact model number as HT440 is a series number:

"www.batlabs.com/nosynth.html"

found an ad for one used (date unknown):
SELLING 1 HT 440 PORTABLE WITH CHARGER/ANTENNA.YOU NEED A NEW BATTERY
FOR SURE,BUT I HAVE TESTED IT AND IT DEFFINATELY WORKS ,I HIT A LOCAL
PUBLIC SAFTY REPEATER WITH IT JUST BY STANDING NEAR MY WINDOW.
450-470-MHZ 4 CHANNELS ,5 WATTS OUT.$39.00 .PLUS $7.00 SHIPPING.U S
ONLY.EMAIL IS HgarciaslA@aol.com