Re: [MV] M1010 Electrical MWO PART 2

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 07:25:15 PDT

Additional......

Also, the 24 volt Solargizer is placed across the two batteries. This would
not solve the problem. The Duvac mod was to cure the front battery not being
charged enough, causing the front battery being replaced more frequently
than the back one. The original system was supposedly set up for the Upper
Alternator to charge the front battery and the Lower Alternator to charge
both .
    The Duvac mod causes the Upper Alternator to be disconnected (?) while
the Lower one takes over total charging of the system with the Duvac taking
the output of the Lower Alternator and feeding 12 volts to the front
battery and 24 across both, providing for the 12 volts for the rear one....

    What I am trying to find out is why the front battery discharges more
rapidly than the back one....all loads appear to be feed from the 24 volt
bus strip.
    I've checked the archives to see if this explanation has been posted
before with no joy.

Ronzo