Re: [MV] M35 rear axle conversion

From: Greg (czechsix@cox.net)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 15:32:20 PDT

Everything that I've seen indicates it was for improved off road capability.
The singles follow the same track as the front tires, whereas the dual
system has to break some new ground, sucking up more power and momentum.

Pro:
Increased off road capability, doesn't have to break new ground.
Increased ground pressure (good in some situations)
Increased ground clearance
Increased top speed

Con:
Lowered side hill stability, cornering stability
Increased ground pressure (bad in some situations)
Fewer spare tires if something goes really bad (personal opinion)
Increased top speed :)

Greg
Vista,CA