Re: [MV] M35 rear axle conversion

From: Greg (czechsix@cox.net)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 21:22:35 PDT

No problem, Jack.

Top speed wasn't increased much - only a few miles per hour more. Apparently
it does make it a bit easier on the freeway, and a bit slower on the hills.
AFAIK the conversion has always been around. Some of the trucks came out of
the factory as the M34, single tires on the rear, and a different bed with
cutouts for tire clearance.

I think they were probably started with the gasser dueces - but more
knowledgable people on this list will hopefully correct me, if I'm wrong.
I'm still a beginner with these trucks. So the single conversion has been
used since the start of the M35 line. Barstow just had a few singles in
their auction. I'd still consider using 11.00x20's as a regular dual setup.
Since my last Q&A session about them, I've found one guy that's running
exactly that mod - hasn't had any problems, other than more tire weight when
changing them.

Greg
Vista,CA