M211 Brake help

From: Caleb Pal, Network Operations (sysop@spitfire.homelinux.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 16:22:46 PDT

Hello list,

I just aquired a 1952 XM211 duece. I have spent the last few days getting
the starter fixed, and the engine running. I just got it running good today,
it was sitting for 7 ears before i got it. Anyways, i let it sit running for
about 5 minutes, the air pressure is up to about 85 psi, I think that is
normal, but the brake pedal goes to the floor. I located the master cylinder
(I though they were air brakes, I guess not). How do I fill it with fluid,
will DOT 4 work? I would like to be able to move it to home as soon as I
can, any help is greatly appricaited. On a last note, ho does the parking
brake work? There is a switch in the dash that says parking brake, and I
have not a clue how that works. Also under the seat there is the transfer
case lever, and then there is another handle with a grip lever, is this
another parking brake??

Thanks again,

Caleb