Re: [MV] M211 Brake help

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 16:41:02 PDT

Congratulations, Caleb:

Regarding what break fluid to use, check out the following link pertaining
to silicone brake fluid and what the Army does of late.

    Go to :

    and in the pin number 048941

    This will yield the following .pdf file, 5 pages long:

TB 43-0002-87 BRAKE FLUID, SILICONE (BFS) CONVERSION PROCEDURES FOR TANK
AUTO EQUIPMENT

    Right click on it and chose 'save target as ' and save it to a folder
or desktop.
    Then open it and learn how to change over to BFS. BFS is available from
multiple MV parts vendors running $25 to 50 a gallon.

    Suitability of BFS in the M211 will have to come from other owners of
this type of vehicle, but flushing and bleeding instruction given in this TB
hold for all brake fluids.
    Good Luck, Ronzo