Re: [MV] Gear oil

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 20:05:42 PDT

Uhhh...I'm gonna beg to differ with you...GL1 is available at most of
the respectable farm tractor stores. I think it is a straight mineral
oil base. It doesn't have the EP additives (extreme pressure) that GL5
has. The reason for not using the EP type oil in the older vehicles is
the fact that it etches or eats away at the brass and bronze parts. The
reason this is kicked around so much is because of this fact. The guys
want to get the right one in the older vehicles...the one without EP
additives. If I'm wrong...I'll eat my words with a little GL1 to help
them go down better. Fred Martin