Re: [MV] WW2 and MVs

From: Stephen L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 18:43:53 PDT

2nd WWII post in the past couple of hours that has "farbing up" or "farby
event" in it. Can someone explain this term or is this something only
WWII
types are supposed to be privy to?

**** Its a WWII re-enactor term regarding attier, or equipment that is
not really 100% correct. One popular opinion is that it is short for
"FAR BE it from me to say this is not correct, but............"

    And I don't quite understand Howard's reply to a 5 month old email,
but
that may be a WWII computer type of thing......

***** Tim is running the WWII convoy throughout Central Missouri next
month. He only wants WWII vehicles, & participants to dress accordingly.
 Seems to be the first time to ry this & will probably fly. I am still
hopin to go. Gotta see if first I can get teh time off, 2nd to get the
WC51 road ready, & 3rd to see if I can still fit into my GI WWII gear.
It would have been to easy to bring the German vehicle, & all my guys
dressed up in our 3rd SS garb. None of them dug the idea of doing the
POW's impression though.
Steve

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com