Vietnam Transportation Assn Reunion and Vehicle Rally Fort Eustis, Va. in June

From: jhooah (jhooah@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 11:51:07 PDT

11-14 June there will be a Vietnam Veterans Transportation Association Reunion at Fort Eustis, Virginia. Anyone desiring to participate with a Vietnam era vehicle or as a reenactor is welcome to attend, but it is not a public show event. There will be a historical vehicle convoy from the display area at the Transportation Museum on main post, out to Felker Field where there will be Helicopter demonstrations (Huey's still fly here) and on to the James River area where a River Patrol boat demonstration and other activities will be conducted. Likely a BBQ at a base camp (ala- China Beach) set up along the river that evening. The convoy will also participate (if desired) in a reenactment of an ambush, where the guntrucks, etc. can show their stuff (Of course it's blanks if anything) I think “Eve of Destruction” is scheduled to attend with another new Gun truck.

The U.S. Army Transportation Museum is hosting this event, and welcomes association members and reenactors alike. If you have a Vietnam era vehicle, and want to show it off, this would be a prime opportunity for this first ever sponsored event by the Transportation Museum.

Sorry, my WWII GPW and Command Car are staying home, it’s not their opportunity to shine. I'll just have to drive the newly acquired 1965 M35 non-turbo and M332 Ammo trailer I've picked up (After I repaint them...) My M151A2 MUTT TOW Missile Jeep might go, but it’s definitely Late war. (Do have photo’s of them in Pleiku)

If you desire more info on the event, e-mail me directly at winget@jfcom.mil