Re: [MV] What kind of paint to use?

From: Employee-email@MilVeh.com
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 10:11:02 PDT

Recently I was having a lot of trouble matching the
paint for one of my vehicles and I took a paint chip
to the local builders supply. We matched it perfectly
with a quality UV resistant, scrubable latex house
paint. Rather than cut it with water, which would only
cause runs, I used acetone. This allowed the proper
viscosity with immediate drying and it produced a
virtual blemish free finish. Really looked good and I
was pretty surprised. That finish is now 1 year old
and has been washed about 30 times and parked in the
weather without any noticible problems. Very happy
with the results, however I still would go with a
conventional CARC or synthetic enamel, if it's
available. The one caveat for using any flat is to
have a rust preventative undercoat.