Re: [MV] EUC terrorism

From: Employee-email@MilVeh.com
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 08:35:05 PDT

FYI... several months ago I started a process of
suggesting to the DLA that it probably is not
necessary to background buyers of 6x6 trucks who have
declared their intentions under oath in a purchaser's
affidavit. That is to say you have affirmed you are
not acting as an agent for an evil empire abroad who
may use our trucks against us in some nefarious plot.

The EUC process (end users agreement that initiates a
background check), I argued, did little or nothing as
to assuring anything more than an intimidating
declarative clause and it (EUC) was considerable more
time consuming and expensive. In short, the DLA was
stupidly wasting taxpayer money. In reality, even a
declarative clause it probably foolish too, but I
thought I would toss them a bone.

My suggestion was submitted via Congressman Wally
Herger-R, CA.

To our mutual surprise (frustration) I got a letter
back from the lady running the DLA that merely
parroted the rules and then she went on to state I
knew the rules and if I didn't like them I should not
have bid!