M35 won't crank, bad pump, need help!

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 17:37:47 PDT

Me again in need of free help. First off, thanks to everyone that offered
advise a week or two ago. Tried all the advise and still couldn't get it
cranked. Got a mechanic involved and we found the gears on the hydraulic
head don't turn when the engine is turned over. Something must be stripped.
It appears water might have sat in the hydraulic head and seized something.
So here's the plan, advise me if you can.

I have another truck with a "good" engine in it. I hope it is good. I am
going to try and crank it tomorrow. If it runs my mechanic and I plan to
pull the pump from it and put it on the other engine in the good truck. We
are not sure how to time it. We can't find the traditional timing marks on
the gears for the pump. Other options include swapping engines, but I don't
want to do that.

Lesson learned: Go to the trouble to see if the engine will run before you
put it in the truck you want to drive.

Any info on tricks to do this quick and easy will be appreciated.

Joe Trapp