Trucking company

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 01:14:18 PDT

A few months ago I asked the list about a name for my trucking company. I
was considering using 134th Transportation Co., 134 is the address for my
shop. Most thought it was a good idea, some thought it was too long (so did
I). So, since my grandchildren call me poppy and it's a little shorter and
easier to remember, my name is "Poppy Transport".

Poppy Transport is my partime job. I have one HD pickup truck, and a handful
of trailers. I'm registered with the FMCSA and USDOT as a common carrier
(just like the big guys). I have authority to operate in several states and
make regular runs in TN.,KY.,AL.,MS., and less frequent runs in surrounding
states. A friend and I haul walk-in coolers and freezers and cafeteria
equip. for two companies in Parsons,TN.(80 mi. west of Nashville). We have
12',20', and 34' dry box and 24' and 34' flatbed trailers. Cargo insurance
up to $25,000. Weight restrictions limit us to 26,000 lb. total (truck,
trailer, and cargo), so I figure we could haul up to and including a M35.
We usually get $1.60 per loaded mile. If we were moving something on our way
back from some where else, then we may could cut that price a little. If I
had to drive a long way to pickup something then I would have to charge(a
lesser price) to get there.
If you have a need for this, give me a call or e-mail off list. I'm a MV
collector too and would treat your OD baby like it were my own. Also' I'm 90
mi. from Ft. Campbell,KY, and could pickup stuff there if needed.

Thanks,
Keith Byrd
Poppy Transport
731-847-MULE (6853)