Churchville/convoy: Should I put my 50 cal on the truck

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 18:32:16 PDT

Well the convoy and the rally are just 2 weeks away and I am debating with
myself (probably not wise) about not putting the 50 cal gun ring on the
truck for the show. Since I will be traveling through several states, I am
wondering about a few things and maybe some of you can help me out.

First off, can I place the dummy gun in the ring for the convoy. If not, is
it really worth the trouble to re-install the mount on my truck just to have
the gun sat in it at the show? I am not inclined to do this because I have
obviously spent some quality time with the set up. However will folks
really enjoy seeing stuff like that in the vendor area? I have not attended
this show and therefore have no point of reference here.

If I want to put the gun in the mount for the convoy, do I need to cover it?
If this is the proper thing to do where can I get a cover (cheap)? Or can I
just rap it in a chunk of canvas (real cheap)? It is an hour or two of work
to put it all back on the truck and that is why I want to make sure it will
actually be something someone else would like to look at.

Thanks again for any help. I am hoping to swap pumps in my other truck in
the morning. Couldn't do it with out the help I have received from some of
you.

Joe Trapp