Pratt, KS WWII Event, 23 May 03

From: Tim Scherrer (soldierboy440@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 09:23:40 PDT

One of my members is organizing an event in Pratt KS
Memorial Day Weekend. Pratt is located 70 miles west
of Wichita, KS.Contact Heath direct for the details.

Tim

Hello everyone,

Just got done talking with one of the ladies incharge
of the events, and it looks like they definately want
as many reenactors as we can muster up, here to do a
public battle at the airbase, and a public display in
town. As well as participation in a parade at 1:00pm
on May 23rd. So far, here are the "loose" schedule of
events:
10:00am to noon- public display at local park
noon-lunch (working on securing free food for
reenactors, or having a cookout)
1:00pm- parade
2:00pm- relocate to Pratt Industrial Airport
3:00pm- Dedication of B-29/All Veterans Memorial
3:30 *roughly- public battle at airfield
*After battle, if all are available, we may go back to
town, and set backup a public display, and possibly
have some recruitment bites :D

We seriously need as many guys as we can get for this.
I realise many of you already had plans, or are
obligated at other events, but if any of the guys in
your unit can come, it would greatly be appreciated.
If this goes over well, they are willing to make this
an annual Memorial Day event. On another note, she
will be talking with the Board of Tourism on Tuesday
for us, and Ill follow up and let you know on possible
discounts for hotels, or possibly camping opportunites
at the park. We are also looking to secure som 30-06
ammunition for you GI guys, so you wont be out a
bundle there. Thanks to all of you for your support,
and I sure hope we can get a decent amount of guys so
we can impress the hell out of the people here.

Thanks,
Heath Hensley" mayfield122@hotmail.com