Re: [MV] Local CT DMV says M101A1 9.00-16 military tires not DOT approved - true?

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@ptd.net)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 16:25:54 PDT

Kevin wrote:
>Okay guys this is the real question. My local DMV
>will not let me register my newly acquired 1968 M101A1
>military trailer because they say that the tires
>(military 9.00-16 size) are not DOT approved, and they
>want me to change them to DOT approved tires.
>
>Is there any truth to this? Or was this inspector a
>little cracked?

  Kevin,

      In the name of safety............You should insist that this DMV individual immediately stop ALL military vehicles owned by the US Government from using any road of highway in the state!

     After all, if YOU cannot use these tires then how can the DMV guy allow the Military to operate vehicles and trailers using the same tires on the VERY same highway as soccer mom's driving the children to school!

After all......if it saves one life......... then it would be worth it for him to stop all US Government military vehicle traffic on state roads!! Could he allow these vehicles on the road now that he knows they are using these tires?

  Of course, it could be that he is just jerking you around because he thinks he will get away with it...............

Jim