RE: [MV] Mohawk Chief 9.00-16 tire, is it DOT rated?

From: Dan Parmley Jr. (artillerydan@cox.net)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 16:57:59 PDT

Kevin,

He is full of,.... well you know. Every tire the us government runs on
the road must me DOT approved. Just because they are the government does
not mean that they can get away with that. I remember 100's of new tires
coming back from Desert Storm that were new or near new and the military
pulled them off and cut the beads before surplusing them because they
were not DOT approved.

Dan Parmley Jr.
XMVPA-7411
1952 - USMC M37 - Restored
1966 - M114A1E1 APC/ARV - Help, need parts current project
1956 - M59 APC (FOR SALE) or trade any US towed ordnance
1943 - M2A2 105mm How. - Restored
1960 - XM34 Little John Rocket Launcher - Need original rocket
1941 - BMW R71 - Restored
01-1966 - M274A2 Mule - USMC 314961, BMY 472
www.mvdataplates.com