M51

From: Robert.Wilson (specwar@piace.com)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 19:17:40 PDT

I am considering buying 2 former M51 dump trucks that were converted to
cargo trucks and used to fight brush fires. One is a 1954 International and
the other is a 1953 Mack. Has anyone ever extended the frames so that the
cargo bed matches the frame? As it is now, the hitch is 2 or 3 feet under
the bed. Another question, what type of motor(gas I know) do these trucks
have? They are straight M51's and not A anything Also, anyone know who the
makers were for the M55?

Bob