Re:[MV] Electrical Problem/Trailer Hookups

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 17:28:35 PDT

Marc,
My solution was to replace the trailer bulbs with 24 volt.
I mounted a NAPA 24 volt solenoid to the back of the battery box and tied the triggering terminal into the stop light side
of the wiring at the stop light switch so that when I apply
the truck brakes the solenoid triggers. I came off the positive
(+) side of the grounded battery, ran this wire thru a curcuit
breaker, then to the solenoid. A wire from the solenoid to the electric brake control input. The electric brake control is mounted to the lip at the bottom of the dash. A wire from the control to the rear of the truck to a coupling to the trailer brake wire. Not enough drain to worry about one battery getting over charged.
Joe Young