RE: [MV] M211, Starting/Running problems - Now Coil Question

From: Rich Sherman (richs@volcano.net)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 17:09:21 PDT

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of MVTrucker@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 4:15 PM
To: Military Vehicles Mailing List
Subject: Re: [MV] M211, Starting/Running problems

<< Could be points, coil, condenser or distributor cap. >>

What are the symptoms of a bad coil? My WC52 is driving me crazy... I drive
it for a while 15 - 30 minutes and the engine sputters and quits just like
running out of fuel or a vapor lock. I get out and check the carb and
there's gas squirted in from the accel pump and the fuel filter is full. I
wait a few minutes and it starts, but same thing usually happens within a
few minutes. It runs the longest when then engine is cold, and runs the
least time when the engine is warm. Could this be the coil?