Re: [MV] Run-flat rims

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 22:48:44 PDT

Hi Arthur...

>The manufacturer's only retail distributor, "A&H Automotive" in Columbus,
>Ohio, states that the price is (are you sitting down?) $500 per rim. We are
>attempting to find these in the surplus arena. We do not have an NSN as yet,
>but are diligently trying to find it. If anyone knows the NSN, please let
>us know. Ditto if you have some for sale.
>
>Tanks. Arthur
>
>(Rim, Combat, Manufacturer:Hayes, 20" X 11" as used on M35A3.)

I'm looking at TM 9-2320-386-24P ("EXTENDED SERVICE PROGRAM (ESP)
UNIT, DIRECT SUPPORT, AND GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE REPAIR PARTS AND
SPECIAL TOOLS LIST") off of the MILDOCS.COM system (plug plug!), and
the only figure for the rim system (figure 119) shows the CTIS system,
but no run-flat system at all.

I can find no mention anywhere of the M35A3 being fitted with
run-flats.

Are you sure the run-flat rims were an issue item on the M35A3?

Just curious!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com