Re: [MV] one respose

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Sun May 04 2003 - 08:46:30 PDT

Mark, to my humble knowlege in 1956 the M-220 would be
the M-211 (6x6 2.5 ton cargo truck) with a shop van on
it, right? If this is correct, the light might go on
and folks with information or a photo with markings
could relate and let you know. M-211 markings may be
appropriate for use on the M-220, I dunno.

A mistake many of us often make is to assume others
know what our rather obscure military vehicle is. My
suggestion is to be specific, tell us what you have,
then maybe you'll get a better response? No doubt
many here do know, we have some very smart MV buffs,
but they don't have any marking information for it or
you would have heard by now. However, that leaves
many more who may have info. and not even realize it.

Currently military people associate an M-220 with a
wire guided missile system! Ok enough... you get the
idea. Here is a lead for you: This person was
offering a completely restored M-220 for sale with
photos for his friend...email doconnor@sikorsky.com or
you can call the restorer and owner, Ted DellaCamera
203-756-9828 Oakville, CT, USA.

I believe Portrayal Press may sell the manual for the
M211 that would include markings for the M-220. The
M-220 CND may be altogether different, again I dunno.
Museums are often a great resource, have you checked
with on-line sites?

Here's another lead: Rick Banks owned an M-220 in
1999 and back them his email was
(rbanks21@bigplanet.com) But, that's a long shot,
emails change so often.

Good luck, Jack