Re: [MV] M35 trip around the world

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 06:59:06 PDT

I can attest to the NDT's fragility. I was pulling out logs with my M51
dump and I ran over some sticks that I thought would not be a problem at
all. One of them got through the tread between the lugs and put a nice
3/4" punture into the tire. Although the lugs are nice in sand and dirt,
the wide gaps between the lugs leave the tire cords rather unprotected IMO.
 I think I would look for some all terrain commercial tires before
departing. I would also think that some commercial steer tires would be
much more durable than NDTs for the front end. The nice thing about the
M35 is that it has enough capacity to carry a ton or two of spares.

Dave

--
Dave