M35-A2---dies,

From: Terry Lane (tlane@mobynet.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 18:43:22 PDT

Hello List,
     I am trying to determine why my M35 runs "really" good and then
starts crapping out and then dies. I have changed the fuel
filters,serviced engine
with new 15w-40 motor oil,new oil filter, no detectable fuel/air leaks
in line, new air filter was in the canister when I received the truck.
The timing seems ok from the get-go???? I just can't figure it out!
It starts on the first push of the button and runs really good for about
5 minutes, then it just loses power and dies. I crank it a couple
minutes in 30 second intervals and it starts back up, runs a little
rough and then smooths out. I take off and it runs good and then dies
again??
Somebody help me here please, I am frustrated.----terry
<1971??? +- M35-A2 with a " as new" Hercules multifuel turbo diesel
engine>