T-34 varients...

From: Rob (dodgew200@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 18:54:41 PDT

List (Mr. Panov?)

I ran across what looks like a T-34...or what's left of one. Where would I
find hull casting numbers etc? or any other identifying marks etc? this
thing was used as a target then had sections chopped out of it. no tracks or
running gear remain and the turret is about 50' away. A T-34 is the closest
thing I've been able to find in various on-line photo archives and the
turret has an extended coupla (German mod?) This tank also has most of the
remaining fixtures brazed on, the drivers hatch (two vision blocks), the bow
MG and most of the other little "do-dads" that litter the outside of an
armored vehicle are all brazed on...not welded (bright brassy looking stuff,
I'm not a welder but a freind of mine is....brazed is what he said!)

round hatch in the rear, it's totally gutted from fire and partially buried.
moving it will be a big job.

Any thought out there? no I don't have pictures and can't take any....and no
it's not available, sorry. We will try to save what's left though, so at
least it won't get turned into Hondas and frying pans.

Rob , restricted areas are such a pain....but so much neat stuff out there!