30th Annual East Coast Rally 8-10 May, re Driving on Field

From: Surplusyes@aol.com
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 19:35:45 PDT

Hello list
   I would like to add a correction to a recent posting.

  Venders and participant vehicles such as re-enactors, convoy drivers,
display vehicles, customers with temporary vehicle passes are allowed on the
field at any time. This morning, the main access gate was switched due to the
muddy conditions of our prime gate where numerous vehicles got stuck. When
the rain stopped we had 45 tons gravel trucked in and rented a bobcat to
make entry/exit easier. In addition 80 bales of straw and 4 pick-up trucks
of wood chips were brought in to ease trouble spots. All stuck vehicles
were freed at no cost by the gracious help of MVPA club members. No vender to
my knowledge was banned from the field, some received alternate spots due to
local conditions. This was by mutual agreement.
       Yes, vehicle entry to those that did not have a bonafide reason for
driving on the field was not permitted, field was sold out and driving
conditions would not support it. Customers who purchased merchandise could
obtain a vehicle pass at the HQ tent to pick up their merchandise. I can be
reached at 443-243-1000 and am on site and available to speak with anyone
who was "banned" from their space or denied driving on the field.

  Regards,
Tom B.