Re: [MV] MILDOCS.COM -- Deep Keyword Search Site for Electronic TMs...

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 23:05:45 PDT

Hi Mike...

>I must say that I like the full text searches a lot. I found an item I
>was interested in on GL and did a search for the NSN and got 1 hit for
>the TM that showed what it fit. Great!

I'm really glad you like it. You're really going to like the new
Extended NSN Search. It is even better than the method you used.
Shoot me the NSN you searched for and I'll show you the amazing output
from the Extended NSN Search.

>Is there any way to find a TM if you know the TM number? If there is, I
>missed it.

You should be able to just enter the TM title such as:

  TM 5-3431-227-24P

We will be adding a title search that is a little more easy and
thorough.

>Is there any plan to add older TM's to the data base? I would think
>that most on the list would like to as much and as far back as possible.

Yes! We have been converting some older paper ETMs, but they take a
lot of time since they have to be processed with optical character
recognition in such a way that the images and layout are correct, and
the text is "live" to facilitate the full keyword search of
MILDOCS.COM. The military has not converted many of the older manuals
yet, and probably never will. We'll do what we can on getting more
older stuff into the collection.

Thank you!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com