Re: [MV] GL Deuce runs good- but gutless

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 19:44:49 PDT

Report on deuce from GL: It's alive... it runs, whew!

Fired right up. Gears work great, clutch is smooth
and strong, zero leaks. No black smoke, burned clean
as anything I've seen and oh yes, uh, it's totally
gutless ... I had not idea they were that slow off the
line. Man that deuce is really underpowered, but I
guess they did that for a reason.

All that is left to fix now is to fix the brakes.
Everything is connnected, 5 dot fluid level was down
about a pint. I topped it off.. didn't help anything.

Air pressure is perfect, but not much pedal
pressure...
really low, touches the floor and nothing solid. I
figure it's an adjustment thing.. maybe wishful
thinking plays a part in this diagnosis. lol But,
didn't see any brake fluid leaks anywhere. Overall I
am very pleased with the condition of the truck. Runs
out really nice, engine runs great... just gutless.

Jack