M-35??

From: Adam Suess (ajsuess@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 20:35:24 PDT

I read alot on this list about the M-35 truck. I've only been around 5 tons
which we have 2,300 gallon water tanks on and other than the recent troubles
with fuel leaks on the M-54 I think they are real good. Minnesota DNR
forstry where we get our trucks from of told me that they have a upcoming
auction through GSA with several M-35's and M880's. I was and still am
quietly looking for a 5 ton I could put a box and hoist on to move grain.
But with the M35's on the auction they may be easyer to get closer to home.
I've seen them around and such but other than what I've read here I know
nothing of the M-35. Verious sorces have told me that they are unreliable
and cannot haul more than 5,000# pay load with out breaking somthing? oms
tells me there a real good truck. Just how much weight can be put on them?
The 5 tons hardly notice the extra weight of the 2,300 gallons and stainless
tank. What breaks on the 35? How much do running units bring on these
auctions? What eventualy causes engines to fail on these? I have a white
2-135 tractor which uses the same engine with a roosa master pump and got
over 7,400 hrs of trouble free use befour the rings finaly wore out the
groves in the piston and broke with small pieces of ring working up the side
of the piston. Any chance of getting that kind of life from a ldt or the
lds? Thanks, Adam Suess