Re:MV] Churchville...aka "mudville"

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 07:16:36 PDT

Yep, she be muddy, but the deuce bargains were everywhere!
Bought so much stuff I had to leave my Mule and a pile
of deuce fenders, door and other parts there for a while.
Filled the big storage compartments of my 33' motor home,
loaded my landscape trailer with twenty-one 9:00x20" tires
and mucho deuce parts. Patience paid off. I knew that as
muddy as the field was, I would not be able to drive out,
so I waited until 6:00 PM to leave. The wind and partial
sun dried the grass areas out pretty good. My friend, Bruce
Kubu, more so than I realized, had spaces next to me and had
his beautiful singled out 5-ton, then took it home and came
back the next day (Sat.) with his M1009. Bruce left for
home early afternoon. So, I just sat around and waited for
the ground to dry. Lo and behold, here comes Bruce with his
big 5-tonner to make sure that I would be able to get out
okay. He drove all the way from Olney, MD, to do this! Well,
we took a little tour in his truck to make sure that I would
have a clear shot to the gate that Kroh's Nursery was so
kind to leave open for us. We owe them BIG TIME! The rally
entrance/exit was impassable and Kroh's saved a lot of us
from having to be towed. Bruce escorted me, the motor home
and trailer to the gate. I owe him BIG TIME, too! Drove the
rig home, unloaded the trailer and hooked it up to my M1008
for a return trip to Churchville to get my Mule loaded with
a complete deuce winch kit, including bumper and extentions.
Luckily, when I got back, the gate was still open and I was
able to get back in. Stopped and chatted with the fellows at
Extreme Off Road and my friend Chris, then off to load the
truck and trailer. Chris turned his deuce headlights on to
help me see what I was doing. After loading, I stopped to
thank him and give my adioses to him and the Extreme guys.
Got home around 12:30 this morning.
When I say bargains, I mean it. One vender had lots of M35A2
parts and almost every item was priced at a dollar! I made
a pile of parts and asked how much I owed him. He said that
if he took the time to count the pieces, it would be well
over $20.00 (so very true), so he said to just give him $20.
Cripes, I'm not a robber, so I gave him $30. and still made
out like a bandit.Exteme was really good to me, too. They
gave out bargains that you wouldn't believe. Made three or
four trips to their place. They are good people. Winslow,
Carl, Pierre' and so many others also made with some really
good deals. Rain and mud, no matter, I had a fantastic time.
I suggested to one of the hosting club members that was
tending Kroh's gate that we should get together and make a
nice contribution to the owner of Kroh's for allowing us to
use the gate. I hope something comes of this.
Joe Young