M37 pintle hook

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 21:24:17 PDT

I have small question of no significance other that satisfying my curiosity.
Why would M37 have swivel on Pintle hook, or put another way why would M37
not have swivel on pintle hook? I observed today one of each and wonder if
there is a "correct" hook.

Only trucks I have seen that seem to always have swivel are deuce or larger.
And anything smaller than M37 seems to have non swivel.

thoughts please

- by the way both are early model with bed mounted spare if that makes any
difference.

Everette

I WILL LIFT UP MY EYES TO THE HILL,
FROM WHENCE DOES MY HELP COME,