Re: [MV] M35A2 Filters made improvement

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 20:15:01 PDT

My new M35A2:

New fuel filters made a nice improvement in
performance! Thanks for the tip and yes I went the
NAPA filters, they worked just fine.

Old filters didn't look too bad, not much obvious
flakes, rust or gunk in there, just dark splotches on
the filter element where it trapped fine particals
like it was supposed too.

Next, I have to fix the brake line. Just found a
leaky brass three way connection block on rear axle.
Other than that and some brake adjustment, the brakes
seem fine which is a big relief, because when I got it
brakes went to the floor!

Will check timing after that, but performance seems
about right for a 125 horsepower engine pulling 13,400
lbs.

Is it safe to disconnect the governor?

Q. Need help with decal placement:

It's done in CARC desert tan, anyone got any
suggestions of how to do correct markings for this
paint scheme? I know where they go on camo, guess tan
is the same, right? Don't know what numbers to use
since that seems personalized to the unit. Also, what
is the bridge plate number for the M35...08?

Thanks in advance, Jack