Re: mildocs.com

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 03:50:29 PDT

Thanks Jim,
The description fits the 1968 (Navy) International Loadstar w/HIAB crane as
equipped when I first purchased it...(for those interested, check my crane
conversion article in MVM #72, march/April 1999).

   There are several tags on the crane pedestal, one states that "The HIAB
765A crane xxxxtruck chassis modification kit is to be mounted only on the
M35A2C cargo truck" (xxxx-part is not readable and "only" is underlined),
this is why I believe that there are official versions of my truck.

   There is also a mystery tag that is made of aluminum with the serial
number "17" embossed, but all other information washed off (it was screen
printed on the label at one time). Some letters and numbers are barely
visible by letting the light reflect just right on the shiny tag. I'll take
another look later today, but I think that there was a list of applicaple
manuals on this tag.

Thanks again for your help, mildocs.com will be a great asset!

Have a great day,

Bjorn
Meadows of Dan, Virginia