Re: [MV] Ford GPA Repro Tubs

From: John & Katie Ferencz (ktf@comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 20:34:42 PDT

Hi, Jim. Actually The Detroit Edison facility (known as Warren
Service Center-formerly known as the old Lincoln plant is on
Livernois between Warren & Tireman. The actual Lincoln plant has
just been torn down (the upstairs wooden floors had been
condemed) The demolation crews are still shoveling up the debris.
Pete Kuz works in another building on the at that location repairing
our overhead line trucks & other equipment. Belive me-if the stuff
were still there, we'd have found it.
John

On 4 May 2003 at 19:29, Jim Gilmore wrote:

Previously posted,

>............Last word on the dies..was that they were out behind a
building where the
>tubs were made.!!!! If anyone knows where this was..get busy
and have a
>look.!!! ............

   The bodies for the Ford GPA were built at the Ford Motor
Company Lincoln Plant.

  The dies for the GPA and their fixtures were owned by the
Government under the Contract specs. When production was
finished the fixtures were converted for use in the B-24 program
and the stamping dies were scrapped.

   They are not "out behind the building" as the Lincoln plant on
Vernor Ave. in Detroit, has been a Detroit Edison storage building
for many, many years.

Jim Gilmore

To switch to the DIGEST mode, send e-mail to <mil-veh-
digest@mil-veh.org>