Re: [MV] Ford GPA Repro Tubs

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 21:59:30 PDT

Back in the early 60's...there was talk of some body stamping dies and such
from early WW2 prototype Ford jeeps there...only the man above knows where
they went..
Used to be a guy I knew in NY..that worked for Ford during and before
WW2..he used to go to Detroit, somewhere in Ohio... and surrounding areas
each Summer in the 60's when I knew him to keep in touch with old
friends..It was this man that told us of the dies.. He used to visit when I
worked for Texaco..and at this Texaco station ..on ???? Hylan Boulevard and
Lincoln Avenue....that we opened up wooden crates and assembled 2..not 1 -
but 2..GPW Jeeps from ARMY surplus...and this man......knew every part of
the darn jeeps...was a great help in getting them running.. Gene